You are able to register your child on our waiting list as soon as they are born, but no pregnant applicants please. Please complete the Application Process (click HERE to be directed to our application form page) to ensure your child’s spot on the waiting list.
Once your application form and fee are received, you will be put on the waiting list according to the year your child will be entering preschool and the date your application and payment are received. When your child’s name nears the top of the waiting list for your school year, you will be contacted by telephone or email and informed of the positions that are available. Please note that priority enrollment status will be given to siblings of both current and former students.
Once we confirm the returning status of current students, the Membership Chair will begin contacting families of students on our applicant list in order of application date. If your contact information changes between now and then, please send us your updated information so you do not miss the opportunity to participate in our program! If you cannot be contacted, we will offer your spot to the next family on the list.
In order for your child to be eligible for our program, they must meet the following requirements:
- Your child must be born. No pregnant applicants please!
- Students must be 2 years and 9 months of age on or before September 1 of the year they attend school.
- The Preschool is open for children 3 years through 5 years of age. Some years there is a waiting list for enrollment for new students so we encourage you to get your application in early.
- Students must be fully “toilet trained” upon admittance to Sutterville Preschool. The phrase “toilet trained” is intended to mean that the child is able to attend to his or her own bathroom needs without adult assistance (other than occasional help with buttons, zippers, etc.). Having a child wear “Pull-Ups” or disposable underwear of any kind during the school day is not accepted.
- A copy of your child’s immunization record must be provided to Sutterville prior to your child attending school. Students must present evidence of adequate immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTP), measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), hepatitis B, varicella (chickenpox) and Haemophilus influenza, type B (HIB). This is to protect every child and family attending Sutterville.
- Children may be enrolled at Sutterville Preschool for a maximum of two (2) years.
There are several different choices that you may be offered when contacted by our Membership Chair in a typical year. We are currently only offering Non-Participating spots to reduce our exposure to COVID-19.
Participating Spots: These spots are available M-F in the morning or afternoon session depending on availability. You commit to working one day a week in the classroom and your child can attend any or all days.
Note that if you must miss a work day, it will be your responsibility to find a sub to replace you for the day.
Non-Participating Spots: These spots are available in the morning and afternoon sessions in the following combinations: TTH, MWF, or M-F. As a non-participating parent, you are always welcome to visit and play with your child, but will not be required to work in the classroom.
Note that not all spots may be available when you are contacted. We will do our best to work within our availability to meet your needs, but cannot guarantee availability of specific spots.
Please complete our application form (click HERE to be directed to our online form) to register your child. If you want to visit the school or talk to someone prior to applying, please contact us.
The Membership Chair will let you know when a spot is available and that you should enroll your child.
Log in to download enrollment forms (click HERE to be directed to our Members Only page).
2022-2023 Tuition Rates
Participating Families: $260
- Two Day a Week: $215
- Three Day a Week: $290
- Five Days a Week: $491
Our school year runs from the beginning of September to the beginning of June and follows the holiday and vacation schedule of the Sacramento City Unified School District.
All summer school classes have been cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions. We typically offer summer school classes during June and July at a weekly rate. Check back in April for more information about the schedule, themes and rates.
For any application questions please contact our Membership Chair, Rosemary Livaich.